Braised and roasted of beef/lamb with a confit of onions – اللحم المحمر التقليدي
Braised and roasted of beef/lamb with a confit of onions
Is that going to become your new Sunday roast dinner or lunch?
Braised and roasted of beef/lamb with a confit of onions consists of a slow-cooked meat to tenderness and finished off in the over for a layer of crispiness, offering a contrast all the way through.
If you are a meat lover, this should be a version of heaven for you as it is. However, my favorite part of the dish is the confit of onions that comes with it and I tend to make loads and indulge.
To know more about this recipe, please visit this link to find all the text about it.
Let’s make the recipe!
- 1.5 kg lamb or beef shoulder with bones, cut into 5 large pieces (can also use leg or rack of lamb)
- 500 g of yellow onions, finely sliced or chopped
For the Spice Rub
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp smen, Moroccan aged butter (or ghee)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 85 to 236 ml water
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil, mixed olive and vegetable oil
- 100 g almonds blanched and fried or green/purple olives
How it’s done
Watch my video here;
- 1.5 kg de viande de bœuf ou agneau
- 500 g d’oignons
Épices et aromatiques
- 4 gousses d’ail,
- 1 cc de smen
- 1 1/2 cs paprika
- 1 cc sel
- 1 cc gingembre
- 1/2 tsp poivre noir
- 3 cs huile neutre
- Un peu d’eau
- Olives ou amandes frites
Pour visualiser la méthode de préparation, suivez le lien ou cliquez sur la video: