A few weeks back, I have given a bread making demo to some of my friends here in Neustadt. I also had to bring the bread (s) while my friends had to bring the dips so we could enjoy the evening with things to nibble on.
Among the spread of dips, there was this spiced curry dip which didn’t last for long. It was such a daring mix of flavours but they all came out together in a shocking way! Have you ever thought about mixing a curry paste with oranges? Well! I tried! I think it’s just the perfect new recipe for this summer. I even served it with a hot and spicy biryani instead of the usual Raita.
Makes about 400 gr (I would say)
Prep 10 min- cooking: 10 min
- 1 onion, medium size
- 3 carrots, medium size
- Grated zest and juice from 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp of hot curry paste
- A small handful fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (Sour cream instead of yogurt will give you a creamier dip)
- 1 -2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice( to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, but I would say 1 tbsp at least)
- Salt and ground black pepper