Since I just posted tortilla recipe as well as corn chips recipe, I’m thinking why not share a few dips as well. Guacamole comes in first because it’s just healthy, tasty, and I don’t know anybody yet who does not like it.
The recipe I’m sharing today is adapted from here (there are nice recipes as well, beside this one), although you will find the same combination pretty much the same everywhere.
Makes a decent bowl for to 2 to 4 persons
Prep: 10 min – no cooking
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ a spring onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 fresh chilli (to taste), stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsp of coriander (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ ripe tomato, medium size, seeds and pulp removed, chopped finely
- I chopped in 1/2 red pepper, it’s not conventional I suppose but it added a nice sweet crunch!
(*) I have a friend who lived in Mexico and he advised me to add the pit back in the mix because it’s supposed to prevent the guacamole from changing to a darker colour (The citrus does the same thing but it’s supposed to help).