Financiers au thé matcha – Friands with matcha tea
Financiers are good petits fours to use egg whites in the easierst possible way (less complicated than macarons at least). It’s an easy recipe that one can learn at an early age and the outcome is just so amazing.
Financiers go well with coffee or tea at any moment of the day!
Makes 24 mini financiers
Prep: 15 min – Baking 15 min
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 150g icing sugar
- 100 g almond powder (pre-roasted in the oven)
- 1 tbsp matcha tea (slightly heaped)
- A pinch of salt
- 140g of melted butter (to a brown-hazelnut colour)
- 90g egg whites at room temperature (3 eggs approx)
Optional but makes a good looking financier
- Add 40 g of chocolate brisures, or place 1/2 cherry or 1/2 raspberry in the middle of each financier before baking
- Icing sugar for dusting
|The silicone prints look big but actually I just needed 1 teaspoon filling for each.|
|And here is where they ended up|
Note: financier batter can be used as a base for cakes. just cover with cream and some fruits on the top.