Savoury cheesecake with leeks
I started this serie of recipes with a main composition for a plain savoury cheesecake/tart and as promised, here is a variation that we enjoy here at home.
Ideally, we like leeks with salmon in a quiche or a cheese tart, but here I have just used them on their own.
So here we go for the ingredients.
Serves 4 to 6 people
Prep: 10 min – baking: 40 min
For the special ingredients
- 1 cup of leeks, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the liquid “appareil”
- 250g fresh cheese or fromage blanc (with a thick yogurt consistency)
- 2 tbps of salted cream cheese (philadelphia, kirri)
- 1 heaped tbsp of starch (Maizena)
- 2 eggs and 1 yolk
- 3 tbsp of grated cheese (your favourite)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
For the base
- Please check the full list of ingredients for savoury tart
Prepare the dough or buy it. For this tart, I used a store-bought puff pastry.
Make the cheesy liquid mixture as explained in the previous recipe.
Sautee the leeks in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes and season with salt, pepper, chives and finish with a butter. Set aside to cool for a minute.
Either you spread the leeks first then poor the cheesy liquid on the top of it or you mix both before filling the dough case (already rolled and placed in the baking pan).
Personnally, I prefer the 1st option so I am sure that the leeks are distributed evenly.
Bake at 180 degrees C for about 40 min until set and slightly coloured from the top. I prefer to place it at the bottom rack of the oven.
You can add extra grated cheese to decorate it, a few leaves of parsley, it makes a nice presentation.
Now how easy is that?