I made these crunchy bruschetta
for dinner, along with tomato soup. We love everything fresh about it, especially when get to find sweet tomatoes and red pepper.
This is definitely not a standard recipe, but it’s very much the mixture I like: It’s like a Mediterranean salad on a crispy bread.
I enjoy my bruschetta on a bed of wonderful rustic bread.
In order to avoid the bread from becoming soggy, you’d better put the veggies at the very last moment just before serving.
Bruschetta makes good appetizers/nibbles if you have guests. I simply advice you leave the garnishing to them, it’s fun!
Serves 2 to 4
Prep: 10 min- baking/toasting: 3 to 5 min
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, seeds out, finelly diced
- 100g of fresh mozzarella, diced
- ½ medium-size sweet Red pepper, finelly diced
- ½ medium-size yellow pepper, finelly diced
- 1 tbsp of onions, finelly cut (because my husband likes it, but you don’t have to)
- 1 tbsp of cucumber, finelly diced (again, my husband likes it, but you may skip it)
- 6 or 7 basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
- 1 tbsp of garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 40g of shredded mozzarella or any other heat-melting cheese
- 8 bread slices (0.5 to 1 cm thick slices)
- 2 tbsps of garlic-infused olive oil or use a garlic clove and rub the bread with it
- Chives sprigs (optional)
Mix all the batch of ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Preheat oven at maximum temperature or broiler or panino press. If you are using the oven/broiler, move the rack to the highest position.
Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet covered it with aluminium foil and brush each one with olive oil. Now you can choose to sprinkle grated cheese or not.
Toast until golden brown without really burning them.
Remove them from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
Place the vegetable mix on the top and add a few drops of its juice. Serve instantly.
And just before I tell you good night or good morning wherever you are, here is another collage of Neustadt. I love going there when the weather is enjoyable.