This simple tomato and onion salad is very tasty and yet easy to make. It goes well with grills. Actually, this is one of the mixes you find in the fastfood restaurants in Morocco. They usually add it to the “brochettes” sandwiches, wether it;s red meat, liver, heart, sausage (my fav is liver sausage).
This is a DIY tomato and onion salad, you are free to add green or black olives, chopped cucumber, parsley or harissa paste, corn.
I am not going to measure the ingredients because this is up to you and how many persons youwill be serving.. I have made this one for me, so I have used:
Serves 1 or 2
– 1 big tomato,
– 1 tnsp of chopped onion
– 2 to 3 tbps of green pepper, finely chopped
– A pinch of salt,
– A good pinch of black pepper
– A pinch of cumin (optional),
– Extra virgin olive oil,
– A bit of white vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
- Mix and serve. If keeping in the fridge, serve within 4 hours and only mix a few minutes before dishing the salad out.
- Here is another version with more cucumber (but no cumin)..
How simple, Healthy and refreshing!