Pesto muffins for Kristelle..
This is some of my favorite savory takes on the muffins..I just made a batch. I used the same dough to make both versions today.
Around 15 mini muffins
Prepa: 10 min/ Baking: 15/20 mins
– 120 g all-purpose flour
– 1 heaped tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan (or mozzarella since pesto has some parmesan)
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1 egg
– 125g yoghurt (Greek yoghurt will do, or crème fraiche)
– 3 tbsp of pesto ( homemade basil pesto or sundried tomatoes pesto)
– Optional: chopped olives (black or green), feta cubes, confit of tomatoes, chives
Preheat oven at 180°. Sift together the flour, baking powder, parmesan. Add salt.
Mix together wet ingredient, add up the dry ingredients previously mixed. Do not overwork it. Actually you just need to mix, not overworking the dough keeps aerated and this is what should give you the fluffy texture later.
Fill up the muffin cases (or silicon molds) ¾ of their level. Bake for 15 min for mini- muffins and little more for medium size muffins.