My carrot bars without frosting..
Why not zest of orange..
– 3/4 Cup finely chopped English walnuts or pecans
– 2 Cups Finely shredded carrots
– 1 Cup crushed pineapple or grated apple
– 1/2 Cup finely shredded coconut
– 1/2 Cup raisins (previously soaked in water for 30 min and drained) or dried cranberries
– 1 1/4 Cup mix Vegetable oil/melted butter
– 1 1/2 Cup caster sugar
– 1/2 Cup brown sugar
– 3 Eggs (medium size)
– 3 Cups flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 2 tsp Vanilla extract
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp ground cloves
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp of lemon juice
– 2tbsp of sugar
– ½ cup of water
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except flour, baking powder and baking soda that you will sift and put on the side.
Gradually add flour mixture a third at a time until blended through without really overworking it.
Pour the batter into a greased and floured Swiss rolling pan or any pan 9″x13″ pan and bake at 160 for about 40-50 min. Test with toothpick to check if it is cooked from the inside.
Let it cool down on a cookie grill for 10 min, pour syrup gently over the cake and let it cool down before cutting.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnut on the top
I crumbled the sides then put the ice cream. but you may as well add it on the top of the carrot bar.